Pages

Wednesday, 3 June 2015

"Do as I tell you and we'll survive this" #MidWeekTease #amwriting #mmromance


Welcome back to Mid Week Tease hosted by the lovely Sandra Bunino were we writers share teaser from our work-in-progress or published book.

Catch up with last week's tease.

This week Dante has confronted Carlos about setting him up and Carlos has revealed the reason. This scene follows on from it. Enjoy.
~~~~~~~~

Shoulders hunched and hands clutched across midsection, he seemed to be crumpling into himself.
"I didn't know my brother and father had ordered for everything I did to be recorded. I swear I wouldn't have done what I did if I'd known who you were and that it would get you into trouble. I swear."
The audible stress in his voice undid me. Unable to hold back any longer, I placed my palm under his trembling chin and tipped his head up. He closed his eyes, shutting me off. I couldn’t allow it. I'd seen him act distressed before and it had been just that. An act. Was he attempting to fool me again?
"Look at me." The sharp edge to my voice brooked no hesitation.
He lifted his lids and I stared into pained azure eyes swimming in tears. "I swear to you, D. I didn't know. I'm so sorry." He broke down in sobs, tremors wracking his entire body.
"Hey." I pulled him into my arms and held him, brushed gentle strokes up and down his back. His genuine concern for my wellbeing reached the part of me I'd put on lockdown since my weekend with him. "It's going to be okay."
He sniffled and pulled back, swiping at the wet patch my shoulder. "I've messed up your shirt."
"The shirt will survive." I gave him a gentle smile.
His chest rose and fell in a forlorn sigh. "How can I make this right?"
"Do as I tell you and we'll survive this. In a few days your father will call off the hit and you can go home." I said the words but I didn't believe them. I wasn't sure his father would change his mind about wanting me dead. And worse, I didn't think I'd ever let Carlos go again.

This image captures the dynamic between Dante and Carlos as I imagined it. Photo courtesy of CockyBoys.com
Thank you for reading and commenting.
Check out these Mid-Week Teasers.

12 comments:

  1. Very intense, and so emotional. Great emotion. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good with honest emotions and tense scenes, Kai. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, please tell me these two will be alright. Fabulous tease, Kai :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be eventually. Thanks, D.

      Delete
  4. Oh boy. They're really in trouble now. Great tease, Kai. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. Thanks, Siobhan.

      Delete
  5. Very emotional snippet, and I love that image. Very hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy. Those two are hot.

      Delete
  6. Great tease. Lots of emotion and intensity. Well done.

    ReplyDelete