Pages

Wednesday 29 July 2015

A man unafraid to show his emotional side #MWTease #MMRomance #ComingSoon

Happy Hump Day! Welcome back to Mid-Week Tease.

This week I'm sharing from Duce as it goes up on pre-order. Some of you have been following the teasers for Carlos' and Dante's story.




Series: Worlds' End, Book 2
Genre: M/M Romance, Gay, Suspense, Mafia, Dystopian
Release date: Oct 19, 2015

Goodreads badge add plus

Blurb
One mafia boss.
One rival's son.
One deadly setup.


Parties and orgies... those are the things Carlos Carmichael wants to do. It's the only way he knows to deal with his life as the son of a notorious cartel boss. He'll get whatever he wants by any means necessary.

Until he tangles with a man who plays by totally different rules.

Dante Orsino has been raised in the old ways of honor, loyalty and respect of the business. His role as mafia underboss is more than just a job. It also makes him an heir to one of the biggest families in the Southern Territories.

When Carlos meets Dante and plays a silly game, their weekend tryst sparks a deadly cartel war.

For Dante there's no other life except—the life. And he wants Carlos in his. But in the New World, a gay man is a dead man. Can he find a way to keep everything he loves and stay alive?

In a new world gone mad, even the good guys are bad. Welcome to the World's End series.


Available to Pre-Order

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0125GGRH6

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/duce-kai-tyler/1122339854?ean=2940152039771

Now for the teaser


Carlos
My attempt at making conversation crashed like a lead balloon. After several one word grunts from him, I gave up with a huff and curled up beside him. He settled his arm around my shoulder, making me relax and filling me with a sense of safety. With the air of danger that surrounded him, I still didn’t feel threatened by him.
Drawing in a deep breath, his warm scent filled my lungs. God, he smelled fresh and sharp and masculine. I wanted to crawl under his skin. It was a weird sensation considering I'd met him only an hour or so ago.
But there was something about him that drew me. Perhaps it was the self-confidence he projected, not in the brash I-don't-give-a-fuck way that I carried on, but in a calm and sensual manner that spoke of a man unafraid to show his emotional side.
"You finally stopped talking," he said in a deep voice that had my stomach tightening.
I gazed up at his face. His lips were tilted in a smile that left me speechless. A vision of those full lips claiming mine filled my mind. As if he knew what I was thinking, his smile turned into a smirk making my cheeks heat up.  I still didn't know his name. He'd refused to tell me at the club.
"If you're going to take me back to your hotel, I need to know your name." Breaking eye contact, I brushed non-existent lint off my trousers as I tucked my head back against his chest.
This man got to me like no one else ever had. He unnerved me and stripped back my layers with one look. I really wasn't an insecure person but around him I felt...shy?

 *****

Thank you for reading and commenting.
Check out these mid-week teasers



7 comments:

  1. Great tease! Yes, I can really sense how unnerved he is with this man, a feeling he is not used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Carlos's uninhibited side, and how much trouble it gets him into. Great tease, Kai. :) Congrats on the pre-order status! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tease, and of course I had to hit that pre-order button :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great snippet, Kai, and congrats on the pre-order!

    ReplyDelete