Pages

Wednesday 10 June 2015

"You can't tell me how I feel" #MidWeekTease #amwriting #mmromance

Welcome back to Mid Week Tease hosted by the lovely Sandra Bunino were we writers share teaser from our work-in-progress or published book.

Catch up with last week's tease.



This week I've skipped a few chapters from the last tease. In this scene, Carlos is recovering from being shot. He's just confessed his feelings to Dante. But Dante's response isn't altogether welcoming. Enjoy.
~~~~~~~~


"I said I care about you. I'm falling in love with you," I replied, glad to get it off my chest. I'd made the realisation as I laid in a pool of my own blood frightened I'd never see him again. Nothing like getting shot to give you clarity.
"No, you're not." Dante turned his back to me and that made me so mad. How dare he dismiss my feelings?
"You can't tell me how I feel. Even if you don't want to accept it, I'm in love with you. You can't keep ignoring me like there's nothing between us."
Despite the dull pain in my side, I pushed off the bed and got to my feet, realising I was in nothing but my briefs.
With his back to me, Dante shoved his hand into his hair, mussing up the black strands even more. "Carlos, if there's something between us, then I'd be obligated to take you across my knees and paddle your arse for all your misdemeanours."
He swivelled around and stalked over. Something wild flickered in his gaze and had me stepping back until I hit the bedside drawers. He stood so close; his minty breath fanned my face. My heart felt as if it would punch through my chest. Hands trembling at my side and palms sweaty, I couldn't look away from his eyes—as dark as the sky at midnight and as intense as the sun on a hot summer's day.
"And I wouldn't hold back from kissing you."
The air in the room seemed to have been sucked out. My throat locked tight as I tried to swallow. Right now I wanted his kiss more than anything else. I was going to get a paddling for my actions but I couldn’t help it, going up on my toes to close the gap until my lips brushed his.


Thank you for reading and commenting.
Check out these Mid Week Teasers

5 comments:

  1. Emotions and heat all at once - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Carlos! That kid needs a backbone when it comes to Dante, because Dante is the one who's the most damaged. Such a great tease, Kai. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tease. Kai! :-)

    ReplyDelete