Pages

Sunday 28 August 2016

A little bird has been telling tales #SexySnippets #amwriting #mafia #suspense

Welcome back to Sexy Snippets, organised by Doris O'Connor and hosted by The Nuthouse Scribblers. The idea is to share seven sentences from your work in progress or published story. Anyone is welcome to join in. Just visit the Sexy Snippets page to add the link to your blog where you've posted your sexy snippets.

This week I bring you another snippet from my work-in-progress, Capo, the third book in the World's End Series. This is Sofia and Marshall's story which is a m/tw.

This scene is in Marshall's POV and trouble is brewing.
This is still a first draft so pardon any errors.
*****


"There's something I wanted to ask you," Tito lowered his voice as if he didn't want to be overheard, his elbows leaning on the heavy dark wood desk separating us.
Knowing my brother, he did it more for dramatic effect than anything else. We sat in my office, which had been recently swept for transmitting devices. No one was listening.
Unless Tito had a bug on him.
Shoving the ridiculous thought aside, I leaned into my leather chair. "What is it?"
"It's about Dante and that Carmichael boy. A little bird told me they're lovers."


I hope you enjoyed the snippet. More coming soon.
Leave me a comment and check out the other sexy snippets this week.



5 comments:

  1. Very nice, Kai. If you can't trust your brother... Excellent conflict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sounds like Tito is definitely fishing for information. I love the hints of world building, and the conflict of this snippet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, trouble, right there. Fab snippet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do I feel like she shouldn't be trusting Tito? Great snippet, Kai!

    ReplyDelete